Parenting is not for sissies. Even on my bravest days, I feel inadequate for the job. So much to do, so little of me to go around.
It’s time for technology to step up and give parents a break. I’m not asking for a robot to cook breakfast and fold laundry. My needs are much simpler.
How about seven small inventions to make my job easier?
- Crayons that color only in coloring books
- Toilet paper that doesn’t unroll until legitimately needed
- Cereal boxes that don’t tip over
- Faucets that recognize fingerprints and turn on or off as programmed
- Toilet lids that lower and lock when anyone untrained trots into sight
- Diapers that never leak
- Toys that climb back in the toy box after being abandoned for ten minutes
Yes, he’s seventeen months old.
How’d you guess?